What to Bring
You might want to bring the following to make your room more comfortable:
- Bed linens - extra long twin
- Desk lamp - not halogen
- Bathroom items
- Microwave - under 700 watts
- Health insurance card or policy information
- Kitchen & laundry supplies
- Wastebaskets for the room
- Coaxial cable for your TV
- Cat5/Ethernet cable for your computer
- Refrigerator under 3 cubic feet
- Two-wheel dolly - for move in day only
What not to Bring
Leave these items at home - they are prohibited.
- Anything with an open or exposed heating element (i.e. toaster)
- Metal-tipped darts
- Candles and incense
- Pets - except for small fish
- Halogen lamps
- Barbeque grills - including apartments
- Mail - When you arrive and check in, you will receive a number for your mailbox, if you have not already received it, which is located centrally in the BSC..
- Cable TV - Every room receives an "extended basic" cable package, which includes ESPN, MTV, CNN, TNT and other stations in addition to local network affiliates. Please bring your own coaxial cable cord.
- Internet - Every residence hall room has a connection to SLUNET, which provides access to the Internet, e-mail, and World Wide Web! All you will need is your computer, an Ethernet cable (25' recommended) and Ethernet card, and software. Before connecting to the SLU network, it is important that you install Norton Antivirus . If you have questions, please call (314) 977-4000