At Saint Louis University upperclassmen and graduate students have first pick of on-campus housing for the next academic year. You can complete your housing contract as early as Nov. 1 and pick out your housing through one of two processes - Renew Your Room or Early Sign Up - so long as you have already fulfilled the requirement to live on campus for four semesters of your undergraduate years.
You can select housing for yourself or with a roommate or group of roommates. If you’re selecting for a group, complete your housing contracts in advance and link to your roommates using your banner ID numbers. If you have additional questions, please contact us at 314-977-2811 or email@example.com.
Upperclassmen Assignments Timeline
- Nov. 1, 2017: This is the first day you can submit a housing contract for the 2018-2019 academic year. If you choose to Renew Your Room you can sign up between 3 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. in the Village Office.
- Nov. 2, 2017: Renew Your Room sign up continues from 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Village Office.
- Nov. 3, 2017: Renew Your Room sign up continues from 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Marchetti Office. Renew Your Room ends at the end of this time block.
- Nov. 5, 2017: Any eligible student can select a space through the Early Sign Up process from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in DuBourg 157. Early Sign Up continues during business hours from Nov. 6 through March 1.
- March 1, 2018: Early Sign Up ends at 5 p.m.
Rising juniors, seniors, and graduate students are eligible for both Renew Your Room and Early Sign Up. Current on campus apartment residents will be able to choose to stay in the same apartment for the 2018-2019 academic year. Any eligible student may select a space through Early Sign Up beginning on Nov. 5 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The housing department determines eligibility based on the number of semesters you have spent at SLU.
Students in their first year at SLU who have junior level credit hours are not eligible to sign up for housing through this process, but can be assigned a particular space if they are rooming with an eligible student.
If you are a current apartment resident and you would like to Renew Your Room, visit
our staff during the times below to secure your space. At least one current resident
of the apartment must be present during sign up.
Nov. 1 & 2 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Village Office
Nov. 3 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Marchetti Office
Any eligible student may select a space through Early Sign Up on Nov. 5 from 1 p.m.
to 4 p.m. Early Sign Up will continue from Nov. 6 through Mar. 1. Come to the housing
office 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to meet with a member of our staff.
For either process you must submit your 2018-2019 housing contract in mySLU before you will be able to select your space. To speed the process up link yourself with any requested roommates using your banner ID numbers.
If you can’t come into the housing office during business hours because you are studying abroad, one of your roommates can choose a space for you when they select housing. In situations where no one from the group is able to come by the office in person, we can assist you with selecting a space over email, phone or video chat.
It is likely that you will get a space you’re happy with during this process. Students who are eligible for early sign select their space based on what is available when they come into the office. Most students selecting housing through early sign up choose apartments in the Village, Grand Forest or Marchetti, and or single spaces in Grand, Spring or Fusz.
Selection is first come, first serve, so complete your housing contract on and come choose your space soon after Nov. 1 for the most options.
Students who are not residency required have 30 days from the time they submit their housing contract to cancel in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All approved cancellations made prior to the start of the semester will be subject to a $200 cancellation fee. Cancellations approved once classes have begun will be subject to the $200 cancellation fee and the university's refund policy and schedule.
You will be able to select a space for your entire group as long as everyone has submitted housing contracts and linked together using their banner ID numbers. All housing contracts must be completed by the time you visit our office to select your space.
- A $2,000 housing scholarship will be applied to the 2018-2019 housing costs of rising juniors and seniors who have completed their residency requirement. There is no deadline for eligible students to sign up for housing and receive the housing scholarship.
- A free "Live On Campus" T-shirt.
- The satisfaction of choosing your exact room with the specific people you want to live with through an easy, convenient process.