You or your spouse's job status - Leave of Absence
Health and Dental
- While you are on paid leave, your insurance premiums will continue to be deducted from your paycheck.
- If you go on unpaid leave and still want to continue your health and/or dental coverage, you will need to pay the premiums through COBRA direct billing.
- If you are on an unpaid leave and have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), your payroll contributions to the account will stop until you return to an active status. Upon returning to an active status, your remaining FSA election amount will be divided by the remaining number of paychecks for the calendar year. Your account remains active during an unpaid leave of absence.
- If you have the Health Savings Account (HSA), it remains active during an unpaid leave of absence, though no additional accruals are made during the unpaid period.
- You cannot continue to contribute to your retirement accounts during an unpaid leave. However, your existing retirement funds will remain invested as you directed.