Saint Louis University

You or your spouse's job status - Leaving Saint Louis University

Action Items Checklist:

  1. Notify your supervisor.
    • Exempt employees should give four weeks notice and non-exempt employees should give two weeks notice.
  2. Decide whether you want to continue your Health, Dental, health FSA and a dependent care FSA benefits on a self-pay basis through COBRA.
  3. Notify your investment company(ies) (contact them directly), if you wish to request a distribution or rollover of your money in the Saint Louis University 403(b) Annuity and Retirement Plans.
    • TIAA-CREF 800.842.2776 or
    • Fidelity 800.343.0860 or
  4. If you will be moving, please notify Human Resources of your change of address.
    • To change your address electronically, login to Banner Self-Service and click on "Personal Information" then click the "Update Addresses and Phone Numbers" and enter your updated information. You need a SLUNetID and password to use Banner Self-Service.
  5. Return your Saint Louis University key(s), ID card, and all other SLU property to your departmental administrator on your last day of work.

More Details:
Health and Dental

  • Your health and dental ends on the last day of the month in which you leave Saint Louis University. You may choose to continue your health and dental on a self-pay basis through COBRA for 18 months.
    • You have 60 days to elect COBRA coverage from the date of your COBRA-qualifying event.
    • Initial payment is required within 45 days of election date in order for benefits to be provided under COBRA.
    • Click here for current COBRA rates
  • A letter of credible coverage will be mailed to health plan participants after your coverage ends. 

Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)

  • Your contributions to your FSAs stop with your last paycheck.
  • You can submit claims for expenses that you incurred on or prior to your last day of employment. 

Retirement Benefits
You may request a distribution or rollover of any or all of your Saint Louis University retirement funds at any time after you leave Saint Louis University or you may choose to leave your retirement funds with your investment companies. To request a distribution or rollover:

  • Contact your investment company(ies) to request the appropriate form(s).
  • Complete the form(s) and submit to Saint Louis University's Benefits Office for plan administrator approval.
    • If you are married, be sure your form includes your spouse's notarized signature.
    • Mail or fax the form(s) to:
      • Benefits Office
      • Wool Center
      • 3545 Lindell Blvd.
      • St. Louis, MO 63103
      • Fax: 314-977-1785 

Life Insurance
Your life insurance policy with The Hartford Insurance Company ends on your last day of employment with Saint Louis University.

  • If applicable, you might consider converting your Group Term Life within 31 days of your last day of employment. Contact The Hartford Insurance Company toll-free by calling 1-800-243-5433, for more information. 

Accrued Leave 

  • Vacation Time: Your accrued vacation should be paid out with your last paycheck up to a maximum of 200 hours.
Higher purpose. Greater good.
© 1818 - 2016  SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY   |   Disclaimer   |  Mobile Site
St. Louis   |   Madrid