You or your spouse's job status - Retirement
Action Items Checklist:
- Notify your supervisor
- Decide whether you want to continue your health and dental benefits on a self-pay basis through COBRA.
- Before your last day of employment, please make sure your address is current in Banner Self-Service.
- To change your address electronically, login to Banner Self-Service and click on "Personal Information" then click the "Update Addresses and Phone Numbers" and enter your updated information. You need a SLUNetID and password to use Banner Self-Service.
- Return your Saint Louis University key(s), ID card, and any other SLU property to your departmental administrator on your last day of work.
- Depending on your age, use the Online Claims & Services page of the Social Security Web site to find information on and apply for Social Security benefits.
Health and Dental
- Your health and dental ends on the last day of the month in which you retire from Saint Louis University. You may choose to continue your health and dental on a self-pay basis through COBRA for 18 months.
- You have 60 days to elect COBRA coverage from the date of your COBRA-qualifying event.
- Initial payment is required within 45 days of election date in order for benefits to be provided under COBRA.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Your contributions to your FSAs stop with your last paycheck.
- You can submit claims for expenses that you incurred on or prior to your last day of employment.
You may request a distribution or rollover of any or all of your Saint Louis University retirement funds at any time after you leave Saint Louis University or you may choose to retire your retirement funds with your investment companies. To request a distribution or rollover:
- Contact your investment company(ies) to request the appropriate form(s).
- Complete the form(s) and submit to Saint Louis University's Benefits Office for plan administrator approval.
- If you are married, be sure your form includes your spouse's notarized signature.
- Mail or fax the form(s) to:
- Benefits Office
- Wool Center
- 3545 Lindell Blvd.
- St. Louis, MO 63103
- Fax: 314-977-1785
Your life insurance policy with The Hartford Insurance Company ends on your last day of employment with Saint Louis University.
- If applicable, you might consider converting your Group Term Life within 31 days of your last day of employment. Contact The Hartford Insurance Company toll-free by calling 1-800-243-5433, for more information.
Accrued Leave for Staff
- Vacation Accruals policy: Your accrued vacation will be paid out with your last paycheck up to a maximum of 40 hours.