Job Application FAQs
1. Do I have to fill out an application?
Yes. All applicants must complete the online application by filling in all required information, denoted with an asterisk (*).
2. What information does the application require?
Personal information (name, address, phone number); education; employment history; contact information for references and previous employer; cover letter and resume often required. Thorough completion of an application is required.
3. Can I apply for multiple positions?
4. I don't have access to a computer/can't complete the application on my computer.
The University does not provide computers for job application. We recommend utilizing public libraries or local career centers. The following is a list of locations we have compiled:
5. What is the preferred web browser to use with the job site?
6. My page does not appear in Google Chrome. What should I do?
If your page does not appear in Google Chrome, you must clear your cache by clicking Settings, selecting More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data. Select "Cached images and files" and click "Clear browsing data".
7. How will I know that my online application has been received?
You will receive a confirmation number verifying the completion of your application. You can also log-in to jobs.slu.edu and click on "Your Applications" to view the status and your confirmation number.
8. How will I be notified regarding the status of my application?
You can check the status of your application by logging into your account and visiting "Your Applications". If the status is "in process," the application is still under consideration.
If you are no longer considered as an applicant, you will receive an email from email@example.com.
9. Can I schedule an interview for a position?
No, you will be contacted directly if you are selected for an interview.
10. I cannot submit my job application due to an error. What should I do?
On the summary page, review all of the required fields to ensure completion. Click on the red error message to identify the problem.
11. How should I address the cover letter?
"Dear Hiring Manager"
12. Why can't I submit the application that I started?
If the position has closed, you will no longer be able to submit the application.
Still have questions? You can reach Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and at (314) 977-5847.