Saint Louis University offers employees two medical plan options, a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan (QHDHP) and a PPO Plus Plan. United Healthcare (UHC) is the exclusive third-party administrator of medical plan benefits for Saint Louis University employees.
Contact UHC: Phone 866-633-2474 or website at https://www.myuhc.com. (You will need to register on the website using your member ID or Social Security Number to create a log-in).
Important facts about your medical plan:
As a new full-time employee, your benefits are effective as of your date of hire.
In order to process your medical enrollment, please provide your dependent verification documents within 31 days of your Benefits effective date. For more information, please see the Dependent Verification link below. For your convenience, your documents may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 314-977-1785.
Medical Plan Details and Rates
- 2016 Schedule of Medical Rates
- Annual Rights & Resources Disclosure Full Notice
- Find a Provider
- Pharmacy Benefits - Express Scripts
- Medical Benefits - United HealthCare
Medical Plan: Tier Clarification
The Saint Louis University employee medical plan is a three tier network:
- Tier 1 is for services received by SLUCare physicians only. Please note that SLUCare Physicians may practice in SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital and Clinics. However, SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital and Clinics are not owned by the University and the Tier 1 level of benefits do not apply to hospital services received at these facilities. As a result, physician care received by a SLUCare physician is the only benefit available under the Tier 1 level of benefits. Hospital services received at SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital and Clinics will be processed under Tier 2, as UnitedHealthcare contracted facilities.
- Tier 2 is for services received by UnitedHealthcare (UHC) contracted physicians, hospitals and ancillary services, such as SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital and Clinics, LabCorp, and hospital based facility services and laboratories.
- Tier 3 is for services received at non-UHC contracted physicians, hospitals and ancillary services and therefore out-of-network.
Medical Benefit Resources