Saint Louis University offers employees two medical plan options, a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan (QHDHP) and a PPO Plus Plan. United Healthcare (UHC) is the exclusive third-party administrator of medical plan benefits for Saint Louis University employees.
Contact UHC: Phone 866-633-2474 or website at https://www.myuhc.com. (You will need to register on the website using your member ID or Social Security Number to create a log-in).
Important facts about your medical plan:
As a new full-time employee, your benefits are effective as of your date of hire.
In order to process your medical enrollment, please provide your dependent verification documents within 31 days of your Benefits effective date. For more information, please see the Dependent Verification link below. For your convenience, your documents may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 314-977-1785.
Medical Plan Details and Rates
- 2017 Schedule of Medical Rates
- Annual Rights & Resources Disclosure Full Notice
- Find a Provider
- Saint Louis Area SSM Facilities
- Pharmacy Benefits - Express Scripts
- Medical Benefits - United HealthCare
- 2017 QHDHP Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- 2017 Plus Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Medical Plan: Tier Clarification
The Saint Louis University employee medical plan is a three tier network:
1. Tier 1 is for services received by SLUCare physicians and at SLUCare facilities, as well as physicians employed by SSM Health Medical Group. Please see the following important updates when selecting a SLUCare or SSM provider:
- To select SLUCare physicians, please review the Find a Provider web page for detailed information.
- With regard to select SSM Health Medical Group physicians who are now Tier 1 providers effective 01/01/2017, please note that only providers who are employed by SSM Health Medical Group are classified as Tier 1. To find a list of these providers, please visit providers.ssmhealth.com. When searching for providers, only those who are listed with a "SSM Health Medical Group" description will be covered by United Healthcare as a Tier 1 provider.
2. Tier 2 is for services received by United Healthcare (UHC) contracted physicians, hospitals and ancillary services, such as BJC and clinics, LabCorp and hospital based facility services and laboratories
3. Tier 3 is for services received at non-UHC contracted physicians, hospitals and ancillary services and therefore out-of-network.
Medical Benefit Resources
- NOT ME - Diabetes Prevention and Control Alliance
- SLU NOT ME Diabetes Control Program
- Nurseline Services
- Preventive Care
- United Health Allies Discount Program
- LabCorp Locations
- UHC Enrollment Form
- Dependent Verification
- Spousal Healthcare Affidavit
- Plus Plan Summary Plan Description
- QHDHP Summary Plan Description
2016 Health Care Cost Transition Support Program
Effective January 1, 2016, employed spouses of University employees with access to health insurance through their own employer were no longer eligible for coverage under Saint Louis University's health insurance plan. In an effort to assist SLU employees most significantly impacted, the University has established the 2016 Health Care Cost Transition Support Program. Below you will find information on the program as well as the application for reimbursement.