- Performance & Pay
University Performance Evaluation Program
Purposes of a Performance Evaluation System
Every January, SLU managers conduct annual performance evaluations for staff. The performance evaluation is an essential process for successful job performance for the following reasons:
- To ensure open and honest communication between supervisors and employees regarding job responsibilities, expectations, performance standards and business goals.
- To provide the opportunity to review the period of evaluation and to discuss both positive and negative aspects of employee performance and to acknowledge meritorious performance.
- To enhance overall job performance with subsequent improvement of unit and institutional effectiveness.
- To encourage employees to identify issues of concern, put forth new ideas, and assist in goal setting for themselves, the unit, and the institution.
- To provides the opportunity to redefine the requirements for the next evaluation period, as necessary.
- To permit the supervisor and the employee to discuss opportunities for growth and identify training needs.
University Online Performance Evaluations (UOPE)
Saint Louis University uses a University Online Performance Evaluation (UOPE) tool for all staff positions except for bargaining units. To begin your evaluations, please log into Banner Self-Service through http://myslu.slu.edu and select "Employee" and then "University Online Performance Evaluation Menu." For questions about the system, contact your HR Consultant (LINK). For technical questions about logging into Banner Self-Service, contact the ITS service desk at 977-4000.
For questions about coaching or providing performance feedback, please contact your Human Resources Consultant.
Training and Coaching
In-person training sessions on Performance Evaluations is offered through HR Training & Development throughout the year. Click here to see the schedule.
Supervisor Performance Evaluation Manual (in progress)
Performance Evaluation (Instructions)
Employee Performance Evaluation Self Assessment
Performance Evaluation (Staff Positions)
Individual Development Plan Questions
Goal Setting Guidelines and Worksheets