Departments have two options for filling positions lasting six months or less:
- Recruit for temporary position through the normal SLU hiring process
- Use a preferred staffing agency
Option #1: Standard Hiring Procedure ( jobs.slu.edu )
- Request a temporary position number through the position number request process
- E-Class Code will be 51-Temporary Hourly Web
- Complete a requisition in PeopleAdmin and indicate temporary in job status
- Position will be posted
- Work with HR Recruiter to identify finalist for position
- Once candidate is selected and passes background check/drug screening, submit EPAF with and standard payroll forms to HR.
Option #2: Preferred Staffing Vendors
- Contact one of hte preferred staffing agencies listed below.
- Agencies are responsible for ensuring candidates pass a criminal background check and 9 panel drug screen prior to providing services to the University.
- Positions involving patient care or private medical records require additional verification with hte Office of Inspector General and the Employee Disqualification List.
- If the cost per candidate is $5,000 or more, you must obtain bids from at least three of the listed preferred vendors to ensure competitive pricing.
- After identifying the vendor and candidate, submit a purchase requisition for the cost.
- These positions should last no longer than 6 months.
- Email, Banner and Parking
- Obtain temporary email and Banner ID: (1) Go to MySLU; (2) Tools; (3) IT Service Request; (4) Request Guest User Account.
- To issue parking pass and picture ID, Parking and Card Services needs Banner ID and letter from hiring department with employee name, staffing agency (if any) and length of service. (Temporary staff must pay for parking).
- For more information, please contact your HR Recruiter or HR Consultant.
Agencies & Contacts
|Robert Half Office Team
211 N. Broadway, Ste. 1250
St Louis, 63102
9666 Olive, Ste. 22
St Louis, 63132
|Professional Employment Group
999 Executive Parkway Dr., Ste. 100
St Louis, 63141
10 S. Broadway, Ste. 425
St Louis, 63102