The success of the doctoral program in Integrated and Applied Sciences comes from the participation of a diverse set of academic departments focused on solving problems that cross traditional disciplines.
Faculty members from the following Saint Louis University academic units are primary mentors in the Integrated and Applied Sciences program. Secondary mentors may come from these or other disciplines on the SLU campus or beyond.
- Analysis and Physical Characterization
- Synthesis and Materials
- Integrated Geospatial Biology
- Nanomaterials & Condensed Matter
- Center for Environmental Sciences (Earth & Atmospheric Sciences)
- Environmental Sciences and GIS
- Center for Sustainability
- Sustainability Science
Note: the Departments of Chemistry, Biology, and Earth & Atmospheric Sciences also offer traditional single-mentor Ph.D. programs. Students may be guided to the IAS program when carrying out more collaborative, interdisciplinary research that requires additional mentorship from outside those traditional disciplines.