Offering advanced tools and smart strategies to better manage blood pressure
Nearly one-third of American adults have high blood pressure and are at increased risk for heart attack, stroke, and damage to the eyes, kidneys or blood vessels. The good news is there are many ways to lower high blood pressure and reduce your risk.
In the SLUCare High Blood Pressure Clinic, we take a comprehensive approach to blood pressure management. We're not only focused on reducing your numbers; we look at your history, medications and lifestyle, and create a treatment program that will be most effective for you.
Our personalized care includes:
- Medication review and optimization
- Cardiovascular and arterial health assessments
- Check for causes of high blood pressure
- Monitoring with state-of-the-art devices and techniques
- Lifestyle risk assessment, including BMI, sodium and potassium intake
- Management of lifestyle factors
- Alternative therapies
- An individual plan tailored to your unique needs
Our team is led by Dr. Paul Schmitz and Dr. Marie Philipneri, both SLUCare physicians with the division of nephrology at Saint Louis University School of Medicine. The doctors are clinical specialists in the treatment of high blood pressure, in accordance with the American Society of Hypertension guidelines.
Talk with your doctor about coordinating your care through the SLUCare High Blood Pressure Clinic.
Hours of Operation
Tuesdays, 9 a.m. - Noon
SLUCare High Blood Pressure Clinic
Doctors Office Building [map]
3660 Vista Avenue, Suite 202
St. Louis, MO 63110