A nationally recognized, interventional nephrology service
SLUCare nephrologists performed their first interventional nephrology procedure in March 2000. Since then, the program has grown into a comprehensive, nationally recognized, service staffed by three certified full-time and one part-time nephrologist.
The interventional service has expertise in the following procedures:
- Angiography and angioplasty of AV fistulae and grafts
- Angiography and angioplasty of the central venous system
- Placement, maintenance and removal of tunneled dialysis catheters
- Placement of PICC lines and ports
- Thrombectomy of AV fistulae and grafts
- Placement of intravascular stents
- Coiling of accessory veins in the management of poorly developing AV fistulae
- Placement of trans-lumbar dialysis catheters
- Trans-jugular renal biopsy
- Percutaneous biopsy of native and transplanted kidneys
- Placement of abdominal and pre-sternal peritoneal dialysis catheters
To schedule a procedure, call (314) 577-8765.