For everyday medical care or highly specialized needs, count on our doctors for the latest treatment options
As part of an academic medical practice, SLUCare's Department of Internal Medicine offers a full spectrum of medical services, from primary care to specialty care in many different areas of medicine. Our physicians are national and international leaders in their respective fields, setting standards of excellence both in patient care and in research that leads to new treatments, new procedures, new solutions for better health.
- Doctors with SLUCare Cardiology pioneered a new approach to treating atrial fibrillation.
- Our endocrinology specialists are part of a unique SLUCare group that works to determine underlying causes for fainting and falls.
- Experts with SLUCare Gastroenterology and Hepatology lead the Saint Louis University Liver Center, one of largest hepatitis C practices in the world.
- Our general internal medicine providers offer preventive care, sick visits and ongoing disease management in locations throughout the region.
- Our geriatrics group is nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
- Our Hematology and Medical Oncology physicians operate the region's only Center for Outpatient Blood and Marrow Transplantation.
- SLUCare's Division of Infectious Diseases is recognized as one of the most prominent vaccine research centers in the country.
- Physicians with SLUCare Allergy and Immunology develop national and international patient care guidelines for allergic disorders and asthma.
- Our nephrology team offers sophisticated hypertension management through the SLUCare High Blood Pressure Clinic.
- Doctors with our Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine team collaborate with other specialists in our Sleep Disorders Center.
- SLUCare Rheumatology offers the largest clinic for children and adults with rheumatic diseases in eastern Missouri.