ITS Mission Statement
Support and enhance the vision, mission and values of Saint Louis University by providing effective and reliable information technology services founded on the business requirements of our academic, clinical, research and administrative customers.
ITS Strategic Plan
As the primary provider of technology and technology services at Saint Louis University, the Information Technology Services (ITS) division is committed to growth and innovation that is in line with the University mission and vision. With this in mind, a strategic plan was developed to help establish direction, focus division efforts on clear priorities, operate more efficiently, and build confidence and trust across the University.
ITS Framing Principles
The following framing principles are the philosophy by which we conduct business:
- Customer First: Focus on building and delivering services that meet or exceed customer needs
- Invest Wisely: Manage the prioritization and allocation of technology resources in alignment with the University strategies and goals
- Transparency: Actively engage the University community in two-way communication
- Build to Last: Establish clear processes and policies to support and enable consistency, reliability, security, and performance
- Raise the Bar: Cultivate a mission-driven, results-oriented, high-performance culture
ITS Division Goals
- Teaching & Learning Environment - Implement technologies that improve student engagement, learning, and outcomes while remaining transparent to the educational experience.
- Use of Data - Strengthen the use of data to support the operational and strategic needs of academic, medical, research, and administrative units. Develop an environment that enables data-based decision making.
- Architecture - Create an information technology ecosystem that directly meets the diverse needs of students, faculty, physicians, researchers, and staff. Promote and support the use of University provided and non-University provided devices that are being used by students, employees, and patients while maintaining security and compliance of University resources.
- Operational Excellence - Ensure that the information technology environment that supports student, academic, medical, research, and administrative activities are continually meeting the needs of University constituents. Enhance IT governance, reporting, and communication regarding information technology performance and quality of products and services available to the University.
Services within the ITS division
- Technology Transformation, which includes the ITS Project Office
- Research Technology
- Customer Service
- Enterprise Products
- Infrastructure Operations
- IT Security and Compliance
If you'd like to recognize a member of ITS for excelling in areas such as, but not limited to, customer service, financial efficiency, creative ingenuity, and promotion of the ITS division, please fill out the Google Form provided here.