Google Mail Vacation Responder
Before you leave for the holidays, be sure to set up your Vacation Responder in Google Mail to send an automated reply to incoming messages while you're away from the office, letting people know when you'll be back.
1. Go to mail.google.com and log in to your SLU Gmail account.
2. Click the gear icon in the top right of your mailbox.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Scroll down to the Vacation Responder section (staying in the "General" tab).
5. Select Vacation Responder on.
6. Fill in the date range, subject, and message.
7. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
This will send an automated reply to incoming messages. If a contact sends you several messages, this automated reply will be sent at most once every 4 days.