- Information Security
- Report a Computer Security Incident
- IT Security Advisories
- Protecting SLU's Data
- IT Security Training
- Staying Secure
- Newsletter and Tips
- FBI Cyber Scam Warning
- Secure Online Holiday Shopping Tips
- Safe Computing Tips
- Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Information Security during Tax Season
- Avoid Phishing Scams
- Employment Opportunity Scams
- Understanding FERPA
- Mobile Device Security Tips
- Contact Us
Secure Online Holiday Shopping Tips
Even Blue Santa knows the importance of using a secure website when conducting online credit card transactions!
When banking and shopping, be sure the website is security enabled. Always use sites with "https" in the URL address. The "s" means secure.
Also, watch out for cyber scams being sent via email. Malicious links and malware are often disguised as holiday coupons and greeting cards this time of year. See Dell SecureWorks for more tips on secure online shopping.