New SLU-users Wireless Network
You spoke and we listened. Connecting to wireless Internet at SLU is about to get a lot easier. ITS will be adding a new network on Thursday, Aug. 14, named SLU-users. The new network will allow all types of mobile devices to easily connect by simply selecting SLU-users in your available networks and entering your SLU Net ID and password.
What's different about SLU-users?
- Access is improved for all types of mobile devices, including Android devices
- Connecting is easier and quicker - just log in with your SLU Net ID and password
- Enhanced security behind-the-scenes meets industry standards
What if I already connect to SLUNet or SLUNet-N?
- SLUNet and SLUNet-N will continue to function as normal and remain in the list of available networks until January 2015
- If you'd like, you can connect to SLU-users instead
- SLU-users will be available in all areas of campus that offer SLUNet and SLUNet-N
This new network is one part of a larger plan to improve wireless at SLU. ITS has been busy implementing several other enhancements to the wireless network this summer, including increasing available bandwidth on the Medical Center campus and wireless infrastructure and access point upgrades.
Additionally, the plan calls for the retirement of SLUNet and SLUNet-N in late May of 2015 at which time SLU-users will remain as the primary wireless connection for members of the community with a SLUNet ID and password.
Watch Newslink for continued announcements on the upcoming improvements or visit wireless.slu.edu.