- New to SLU?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my SLU Net ID?
Your SLU Net ID is your unique SLU username and is the first part of your SLU e-mail address before the @slu.edu. Your SLU Net ID is used to access a variety of systems and applications on campus including mySLU.
What are my default SLU Net and e-mail passwords?
Your default password is "Id" followed by the last six digits of your Banner ID. For example, if your Banner ID number is 000123456, then your default password is Id123456.
How do I change my SLU Net password?
- Browse to password.slu.edu
- Sign in with your SLU Net ID and default password.
- Review the requirements for a new password.
- Enter your current password in the Old password: box.
- Create a new password and enter it in the New password: and Verify Password: boxes.
- Click Change Password.
- The last step is to sign out of all applications, log off your computer and then log back in to ensure all applications recognize your new password. You will also need to update your password on personal devices that connect to SLU Net wireless and/or use SLU e-mail, such as smart phones and tablets.
How do I change my Google Apps (e-mail) password?
Your Google Apps password will change when you change your SLU Net password. Please see the instructions above.
How do I access my e-mail and calendar?
- Browse to mail.slu.edu.
- The initial screen will display your e-mail inbox.
- Click Calendar in the top menu bar to open your calendar.
How do I contact someone for technical assistance?
Phone: 314-977-4000, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.