- Password Help
Password Reminder in Login.slu.edu
If your password is set to expire within 30 days, you will receive a reminder when logging in to login.slu.edu, the University's Single Sign-On tool. When logging into many applications like mySLU and Banner, or tools like SLU Mobile and SLU Card eAccounts, you will see a notice (pictured below) inviting you to change your password at https://password.slu.edu, or you may continue to your original application and change your password at a future time.
When changing your password, follow these simple tips to help keep your computer and information safe:
- Change your password frequently.
- All SLU faculty, staff and students are required to change their SLU Net password at least every 180 days. An e-mail will remind you to reset your password 21 days, 14 days, seven days and one day prior to your password's expiration.
- In addition, faculty and staff on University-owned machines will see password reset notifications upon login 21 days, 14 days and 7 days prior to the password's expiration. (Note: Macintosh, Linux and UNIX users will not receive the specific login notification.)
- Faculty and staff: If you log in to your computer locally but access University data, you will be temporarily unable to retrieve folders or files until your SLU Net password has been changed.
- Use passwords that cannot be easily guessed by others.
- Include both letters and numbers, and mix upper and lowercase letters.
- Do not use your SLU Net ID within your password.
- Never share your passwords with anyone and never send your SLU Net ID and password to anyone in an e-mail.
**SLU and the ITS Service Desks will NEVER contact you for your SLU Net password or any confidential information. The Service Desks will only ask you to verify this information if you contact the desk for assistance.
If you are asked to provide confidential information through your SLU e-mail account or by telephone, it is most likely SPAM or a Phishing scam and you should contact the ITS Service Desk.**