- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- Blackboard Learn
- Faculty Support
- What Would You Like To Do?
- Getting Started
- Start/End of Term Activities
- Customize "Home Tab" Page
- Customize Your Course
- Managing Your Course
- Add Content
- Communication Tools
- Assignments and Rubrics
- Tests and Surveys
- Other Tools
- Grade Center
- FAQs - Top 5
- FAQs - Course Management
- FAQs - Grade Center
- FAQs - Access
- FAQs - Tests
- Student Support
- Known Issues
- Blackboard Mobile Learn
- Tegrity Lecture Capture
- Fuze Meeting
- Campus Pack
- SurveyDIG Online Course Evaluation System
- Web-based Survey Tools
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Advanced Technology
- Classroom Technology
- Clinical Information Systems
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Internet & Network Services
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
Customize the Blackboard Learn Home Tab Page
Disclaimer: Not all features included on The Official Blackboard Help Site are available in the Saint Louis University Blackboard Learn license.
When you login to Blackboard Learn the "Home Tab" page appears. The "Home Tab" page is made up of boxes, called Modules, that you can show or hide. The modules can be moved around by hovering over the module, which will make a 'crossed arrows icon' appear to the left of the Module title. Click the icon and drag the module to the place you want it on the page. Note: You cannot move the My Announcement or My Courses modules.
For more information go to the My Home Tab (called the My Institution Tab) help page at The Official Blackboard Help Site.
Managing The 'My Courses' Module
The My Courses module contains all of the courses that the user has been enrolled in for the previous two academic years and the next academic year. This can make the list of courses very long and difficult to use. There is a way to hide courses from this list to make the list more manageable.
- Hover over the My Courses module and an icon that looks like a "cog" will appear on the right hand side of the title bar.
- Click the 'cog icon.' The 'Personalize: My Courses page will appear.
What you can change in your My Courses module using the 'Personalize: My Courses page.
- Any changes you make on this page only affect your Home Tab page. Your students Home Tab page will not be affected by your changes.
- On the 'Personalize: My Courses page is a list of all of the courses you are enrolled in in Blackboard Learn.
- The list is organized by the user's role in the course:
- Instructor = Courses you are teaching
- Student = Course in which you are enrolled
- Course Builder = Courses you are building
- Teaching Assistant = Courses in which you are a TA
- To the right of the 'Course' column is a column titled 'Course Name.'
- Uncheck the the box in the 'Course Name' column to hide a course in the 'My Courses' module.
- Click the 'Submit' button at the top or bottom right of the page.
- The Home Tab page will appear with only the courses you chose to be visible in the 'My Courses' module.
- Go back to the 'Personalize: My Courses' page and check the box in the 'Course Name' column to make the course visible again.
Change the Order of the Courses
- The courses are sorted alphabetically by the name of the course starting with the term: SP2013 THEO-100-01
- The course list can be rearranged by clicking and dragging a course up and down the role category it is in.
- Hover to the far left of the line with the course you wish to move. A small up/down arrow will appear.
- Click and drag the up/down arrow to move the course to where you want it within the role category it is in.
- Click the Submit button at the top or bottom right of the page.
- The Home Tab page will appear with the courses in the My Courses module in the order you changed them to.
Grouping Courses by Terms in the 'My Courses' Module
- Courses can be grouped together on your My Courses module by term. (This feature becomes available starting with the Summer and Fall 2014 terms. Courses before Summer 2014 will be grouped together as "No Term."
- To choose this option, check the box next to "Group by Term" and then click the Submit button.
- The Home Tab page will appear with the courses in the My Courses module grouped by terms.
Updated: 10/21/2014 KRS