Customize Your Course
How to Use This Page
The links given below go to the Blackboard Corporation's Blackboard Learn Help website. The bulleted list below the link gives the topics on the website page. Click the link to the Help website and scroll down the page to the topic.
Disclaimer: Not all features included on the Blackboard Learn Corporation help pages are available in the Saint Louis University Blackboard Learn license.
Course User Interface and Navigation
- The Blackboard Learn Interface section will go over the the different areas that make up the main Course page. The image below shows the default main course page for SLU Blackboard Learn courses.
- The Course-To-Course Navigation (new in SP11) section will show how to navigate to any of your courses from the inside of your current course.
- The Course Menu section will show all the options for the Course Menu in your course.
- The Reordering and Managing the Links on the Course Menu section shows how to organize your Course Menu.
- The My Blackboard Menu (new in SP11) page shows how to access and use the Menu to keep track of things in all of your courses in one place.
Customizing The Look of Your Course
Blackboard Learn offers a wide variety of options to customize your course to fit your teaching style and personality.Setting Course Style Options
- The Selecting A Course Structure (new in SP11) section is an OPTIONAL tool that allows you to choose from a selection of Course Structures to apply to your course. Course Structures are like templates. They contain sample Course Menus based on possible teaching styles or philosophies. You do not need to use a Course Structure with your course. You can set up the course completely on your own.
- The Selecting the Course Entry Point section will show you how to select what page or tool you want your students to land on when they click the title of your course from the My Courses list.
- The Applying Course Themes (new in SP11) section will show you how to change the background color/image of your course and change the color of the menu, buttons and controls.
- The Selecting the Menu Style section shows how you can change the look of the links on the Course Menu using buttons and colors.
- The Setting the Default Content View section shows how you can change the way content on a Content Area is displayed.
- The Selecting a Banner section shows how you can add a banner across the top of your Home Page.