- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- Blackboard Learn
- Faculty Support
- What Would You Like To Do?
- Getting Started
- Start/End of Term Activities
- Customize "Home Tab" Page
- Customize Your Course
- Managing Your Course
- Add Content
- Communication Tools
- Assignments and Rubrics
- Tests and Surveys
- Other Tools
- Grade Center
- FAQs - Top 5
- FAQs - Course Management
- FAQs - Grade Center
- FAQs - Access
- FAQs - Tests
- Student Support
- Known Issues
- Blackboard Mobile Learn
- Tegrity Lecture Capture
- Fuze Meeting
- Campus Pack
- SurveyDIG Online Course Evaluation System
- Web-based Survey Tools
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Classroom Technology
- Clinical Information Systems
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Internet & Network Services
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
Customize Your Course
How to Use This Page
The links given below go to the Blackboard Corporation's Blackboard Learn Help website. The bulleted list below the link gives the topics on the website page. Click the link to the Help website and scroll down the page to the topic.
Disclaimer: Not all features included on the Blackboard Learn Corporation help pages are available in the Saint Louis University Blackboard Learn license.
Course User Interface and Navigation
- The Your Course Environment section will go over the the different areas that make up the main course page.
- The Course Menu section will show the different areas that make up the Course Menu.
- The Course-To-Course Navigation section will show how to navigate to any of your courses from the inside of your current course.
- The Reordering and Managing the Links on the Course Menu section shows how to organize your Course Menu to fit your course.
- The Instructor Features in Your Course section will go over what you can do on the different areas of a Blackboard course page.
- The Course Menu section will show how to use all of the options available and how to customize it.
- The Contextual Menus section will show where to find them and how to use them.
- The Control Panel is the nerve center for a Blackboard course. This section will give a brief overview of the Control Panel with links off to additional pages with details.
- My Blackboard: this tool summarizes all of the activity going on in all of a user's Blackboard courses.
- My Blackboard Tools: break down the activities into separate categories.
- Note: At this time, the SLU version of Blackboard Learn does NOT have the My Blackboard Social Community option available.
Customizing The Look of Your Course
Blackboard Learn offers a wide variety of options to customize your course to fit your teaching style and personality.
- Select A Course Structure: this is an OPTIONAL tool that allows you to choose from a selection of Course Structures to apply to your course. Course Structures are like templates. They contain sample Course Menus based on possible teaching styles or philosophies. You do not need to use a Course Structure with your course. You can set up the course completely on your own.
- Course Entry Point: this section will show you how to select what page or tool you want your students to land on when they click the title of your course from the My Courses list.
- Apply Course Themes: this section will show you how to change the background color/image of your course and change the color of the menu, buttons and controls.
- Select the Menu Style: this section shows how you can change the look of the links on the Course Menu using buttons and colors.
- Set the Default Content View: this section shows how you can change the way content on a Content Area is displayed.
- Selecting a Banner: this section shows how you can add a banner across the top of your Home Page.
Updated 6/2/2014 KRS