- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- Blackboard Learn
- Faculty Support
- What Would You Like To Do?
- Getting Started
- Start/End of Term Activities
- Customize "Home" Tab
- Navigate & Customize Your Course
- Managing Your Course
- Users and Groups
- Add Content
- Communication Tools
- Assignments and Rubrics
- Tests and Surveys
- Other Tools
- Grade Center
- FAQs - Top 5
- FAQs - Access
- FAQs - Course Management
- FAQs - Grade Center
- FAQs - Tests
- Student Support
- Blackboard Mobile Learn
- Tegrity Lecture Capture
- Fuze Meeting
- Campus Pack
- SurveyDIG Online Course Evaluation System
- Web-based Survey Tools
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Advanced Technology
- Classroom Technology
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Internet & Network Services
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
Blackboard Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - Grade Center
- Does Blackboard Learn have a grade book? How do I get to it?
- How do I create a grade item or column?
- Where do I go to review and grade student Blackboard Learn assignments?
- How do I download my Grade Book data?
- How do I integrate my Blackboard Grades with Banner?
- Where are places to look for the last activity by a student in a Blackboard course?
Yes, Blackboard Learn has a grade book called the Grade Center. To access it:
- Go to the Control Panel on the lower left side of the Blackboard Learn screen.
- Click on the Grade Center link.
- Then click on the Full Grade Center link.
2. How do I create a grade item or column?
There are three types of columns in the Grade Center:
- Columns created by the Instructor for grades that are being manually entered.
- Columns created automatically by gradable tools in Blackboard Learn. Those are:
- Graded Discussion Boards
- Graded Journals
- Graded Blogs
- Graded Wikis
- Calculated Columns created by the Instructor which do calculations on both manually and automatically created columns.
For information on how to create a column in the Grade Center, go to the Grade Center Columns topic on the Grade Center page.[Top of Page]
3. Where do I go to review and grade student Blackboard Learn assignments?
Students' Blackboard Learn assignments are graded from the Grade Center either in the Needs Grading section or the Full Grade Center.
For more information, please go to the Enter Grades topic on the on the Grade Center page.[Top of Page]
4. How do I download my Grade Book data?
The Blackboard Learn Grade Center can be downloaded to a MS Excel spreadsheet. Go to the Uploading or Downloading Grade Center Items for Working Offline topic on the Grade Center page.[Top of Page]
5. How do I integrate my Blackboard Grades with Banner?
Click here to view instructions on configuring the Grade Center to integrate grades with Banner.
Click here to view instructions on where to look for a student's last date of activity in a Blackboard course.
Updated: 5/15/2015 KRS