Start and End of Term Activities for Faculty and Staff
Start of Term
If copying course content from another semester:
- Copy Course Content from Previous Semester Into Current Course
- Check all links
- Update Calendar (if used)
- Update Availability Dates for Content, Assignments, Tests, Etc.
- Update Due Dates
- Update Grade Center Columns (if used)
- Create New Groups (if used)
End Of Term
- Archive (Back Up) Blackboard Learn Course and Download To Your Preferred Storage Area
- Download the Grade Center To An Excel Spreadsheet (if used)
- Make Course Unavailable To Students (if desired). Courses That Remain Available To Students Will Continue To Show Up In The Student's My Courses List
- Hide Courses You No Longer Want To Show Up In Your My Courses List
Preparation for Deletion of Old Blackboard Courses from the Blackboard Learn System
See Lifespan of a Blackboard Learn Course for the Blackboard course retention policy.
- How to Archive the Course and Import It to a New Blank Course
- How to Export the Course and Import It to a New Blank Course
- How to Download the Course Grade Center to an Excel Spreadsheet
- How to Download Files for the Course
- How to Export a Test from the Course and How to Import a Test into the Course
- How to Use Respondus to Retrieve Tests and Pools. Click on the Blackboard Learn System Personality for instructions.
Updated 9/13/2013 by MB