Respondus is a tool for creating and managing quizzes/exams that can be printed to paper or directly published to a Blackboard Learn course.
Respondus Upgrade and new Blackboard Settings - May 2013
Respondus is being upgraded to version 4.0.5.04 and will have new connection settings for SLU's Blackboard Learn system that will need to be applied.
If you have a SLU-managed computer with Respondus 4.0.5 installed you will need to:
- Do nothing! ITS will push the updated software and Blackboard Learn connection settings to your computer by May 21.
If you have installed Respondus on a personal computer you will need to:
- Visit the ITS Software Downloads page for the new installation file and instructions. Enter your SLU Net ID and password to access the site.
- Download and install the new Respondus4Campusv4054.exe to upgrade your computer to version 4.0.5.04.
- Launch Respondus and create a new connection under 'Preview and Publish' to the Blackboard Learn system.
- Publish a sample test to a course in Blackboard Learn to confirm the upgrade and new connection settings work successfully.
- For a University-owned computer: Contact the IT Service Desk to request Respondus.
- For a personal computer: Follow the instructions on the ITS Software Downloads page.
Support & Training for Respondus
The ITS Academic Technology team provides Respondus support and training for SLU faculty. Please contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000 or visit the IT Service Desk page or a complete listing of service desk locations and contact information.Training Tutorial Videos
- Creating and Formatting Questions with Respondus
Learn how to create and format questions with Respondus, including how to add images and equations.
- Importing Questions from Word with Respondus
This video shows how to import assessment questions from a word processor document.
- Publishing an Assessment to a SLU Global (Blackboard Learn) Course
See how to publish an assessment directly to the Blackboard Learn course management system using Respondus.
- Randomizing Exam Questions
Learn how to randomize questions in online exams, or to have questions randomly selected from larger groups of questions.
- Using the Respondus Exam Wizard
The Wizard makes it easy to create exams using a publisher test bank or other Respondus files.
- Using Publisher Test Banks with Respondus
The leading textbooks in higher education have test banks available for use with Respondus 4.0. Learn how to request and access a test bank.
System Requirements for Respondus
Operating System: Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP*
Memory: 32 MB RAM minimum
Hard Disk Space: 10 MB of free hard disk space for program files
Monitor: 1024x768 or 1280x720 minimum resolution
Blackboard Learn Access: Instructor or TA access to each Blackboard Learn course you wish to create tests in.
*Mac OS X users can run Respondus using Windows emulation software such as Microsoft's Virtual PC.