The SurveyDIG Online Course Evaluation System is the University's online course evaluation tool. SurveyDIG enables students to submit an anonymous course evaluation via a link on their schedule in Banner Self-Service.
Please follow the links to the left for more information on using SurveyDIG whether you are a department chair or administrator, dean, faculty member, or student.
Support for SurveyDIG
ITS provides SurveyDIG support for SLU faculty, staff and students. Please contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000 or visit the IT Service Desk page for a complete listing of service desk locations and contact information.
What are the benefits of using SurveyDIG?
- Students can fill out an anonymous course evaluation online at their own pace outside of the classroom.
- The link to the evaluation form is automatically displayed to students based on their enrollment status in courses using SurveyDIG.
- Students will receive an automatic e-mail notification on the start date of the evaluation period for their participating courses and a reminder e-mail if the evaluation has not been completed by the deadline.
- Faculty can regain class time normally spent filling out paper evaluation forms.
- Faculty can view aggregate and individual evaluation results online through Banner Self-Service.
- The primary Instructor will receive an automated e-mail notification prior to the start of the evaluation period and additional notifications on the days when students receive e-mail reminders.
- Evaluation reports for past terms are always available online.
- Faculty can export evaluation reports to Excel if needed.
For Department Chairs:
- SurveyDIG reduces the amount of time department personnel spend on manual data entry to create reports on course evaluation results.
- Department chairs can view online evaluation reports for each course or each instructor within the department quickly and easily.
- Department chairs maintain control over which department personnel can access the course evaluation reports.
- Reports include basic comparative average calculations for Likert questions across other courses, instructors, or departments.
- Evaluation reports can be exported into Excel to create custom reports on the evaluation results.