Tegrity Lecture Capture
Tegrity is Lecture Capture software that records the content shown on the computer screen, such as a PowerPoint presentation, along with the instructor's audio. Tegrity captures, stores, and indexes this content online for students to watch at their convenience.
Support for Tegrity
ITS provides Tegrity support for SLU faculty, staff, students and the Tegrity-enabled classrooms. Please contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000 or visit the IT Service Desk page for a complete listing of service desk locations and contact information.
Tegrity Maintenance and Outage Sunday, August 11, 2013
The Tegrity Lecture Capture system will get a new look and feel on Sunday, Aug. 11 with the Summer 2013 Update. Tegrity will be unavailable for approximately 20 minutes between the hours of 1 - 5 a.m. CDT.
The upgrade also includes updates to the Mac and PC versions of the Tegrity Recorder. If you have the Recorder installed on a computer, please initiate the auto-update of the Recorder by logging in to slu.tegrity.com and clicking the "Start a Recording" button. If you have any problems with the Tegrity Recorder update on a SLU-managed computer, please contact the IT Service Desk at 977-4000. The Tegrity apps for mobile devices are not included in this update.
The Tegrity Summer 2013 Update adds the following new features and capabilities:
- New Look and Feel - The new user interface will allow Tegrity to more easily incorporate new feature and services. Tegrity Product Development held a webinar to showcase the new look and features within the Summer Update. Click here to preview the new interface.
- New Sharing Options for Instructors - Instructors can choose options like Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Tumblr to share recording links.
- Upload Recordings to YouTube - Instructors will have a new publishing option to upload to YouTube. This option allows instructors to upload the main content-area portion of a Tegrity recording to their YouTube channel using their SLU Google account. (The instructor video, bookmarks/notes, and captions are not uploaded to YouTube.)
- Twitter Course Notifications - Tegrity is re-introducing Twitter notifications; now the Twitter notifications will use the instructor's own Twitter account.
- New Recording Editor User Interface - The edit recordings functionality is undergoing several changes to make the editing experience easier and more powerful. Edits to Tegrity recordings will process more quickly.
- Copy/Move Additional Content - Now instructors will be able to use the actions menu to move or copy the additional documents, media files, and links along with their Tegrity Recordings.
- New Print Layouts - Tegrity will now support more optimized printer layouts for better facilitation of note-taking and efficient use of paper
Learn More about Tegrity:
Tegrity at SLU
The fast and successful roll-out of Tegrity at SLU in 2011 has become an award-winning example for other universities. SLU staff from ITS, the Reinert Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning (formerly the Center for Teaching Excellence), and the School for Professional Studies accepted the Tegrity Rapid Response Award on behalf of the University at the Tegrity User Conference in April, 2012.