Tegrity Lecture Capture
Tegrity is Lecture Capture software that records the content shown on the computer screen, such as a PowerPoint presentation, along with the instructor's audio. Tegrity captures, stores, and indexes this content online for students to watch at their convenience.
Support for Tegrity
ITS provides Tegrity support for SLU faculty, staff, students and the Tegrity-enabled classrooms. Please contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000 or visit the IT Service Desk page for a complete listing of service desk locations and contact information.
Tegrity Update Coming in Summer 2014
Tegrity is planning some exciting new updates that will be arriving in Summer 2014. Watch here for more information about final dates and features as they become available.
The Tegrity Summer 2014 Update anticipates the following new features and capabilities:
- Variable Speed Playback for Mac - New recordings captured with the H.264 codec will also include the ability to change the playback speed rate (as PC users can do today)
- Annotations for the Mac - The Mac recorder will include the ability to annotate over the screen and over whiteboard slides
- Recording Tags - Instructors and students can define and assign custom tags to recordings to help organize and group recordings within a course.
- HTML5 Video playback - New recordings will be using H.264 codec and will play natively using HTML5 in the supported browsers.
- Public courses - Courses can be defined as public, allowing guest access to the recordings in them.
- Copy to multiple courses - Instructors and administrators will be able to copy recordings to several courses at the same time. The copy dialog will allow multiple selection using CTRL+click.
- Enhanced keyboard navigation - To enhance accessibility, keyboard navigation of the Tegrity web pages will be enhanced beyond the current Tab key navigation offered today.
Learn More about Tegrity:
Tegrity at SLU
The fast and successful roll-out of Tegrity at SLU in 2011 has become an award-winning example for other universities. SLU staff from ITS, the Reinert Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning (formerly the Center for Teaching Excellence), and the School for Professional Studies accepted the Tegrity Rapid Response Award on behalf of the University at the Tegrity User Conference in April, 2012.