- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- Blackboard Learn
- Tegrity Lecture Capture
- Fuze Meeting
- Blue Course Evaluations
- SurveyDIG Online Course Evaluation System
- Web-based Survey Tools
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Advanced Technology
- Classroom Technology
- Clinical Information Systems
- Departmental Hardware Purchases
- Departmental Software Purchases
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Internet & Network Services
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
- Office 365
- Research Technology Group
Web-Based Survey Tools
In collaboration with an advisory committee of Saint Louis University users, ITS has selected and is providing support for Qualtrics as the next-generation survey tool for SLU. Qualtrics is available to all SLU faculty, staff and students.
No request to ITS is required! All SLU faculty, staff and students are able to create their own Qualtrics account with the following steps:
- Login to the mySLU portal at myslu.slu.edu
- Click the Tools tab
- Click the Qualtrics Survey Tool icon
Please note that you cannot log in with your SLU credentials directly at the Qualtrics website; SLU users must currently go through the mySLU Tools tab.
When you want to collaborate with someone else to create a survey, or you want to provide someone access to only view survey responses the Share Project feature lets you do this. For each individual that you share a survey project with you can grant them permission to edit the survey, view responses, and/or distribute the survey. You can share a survey project with individuals that are part of SLU or with individuals outside of the University.
Share with a SLU User by SLUNet ID or Name:
In the Share Recording window there is a field where you are prompted to 'Type Username or Email....' of the person that you want to have access to the survey. To share with a SLU user you need to search for their SLUNet ID or by name, not email address. Qualtrics has not yet been updated with the new email addresses since the migration to Microsoft Outlook. When Qualtrics finds the person, click on their name and click the Add button. The next time the SLU user accesses Qualtrics from the mySLU Tools tab your survey will appear in the Shared With Me list.
** Important Note ** If you search the Qualtrics address book for someone at SLU but they are not found, the person has not yet activated their SLU Qualtrics account. Ask the person activate their account by logging into mySLU then clicking on the Qualtrics icon on the Tools tab; once this is done the person will appear in the Qualtrics address book. Confirm that you have their correct SLUNet ID.
Share to Someone Outside of SLU by Email Address:
SLU users can also share Qualtrics surveys with people outside of SLU. The individual will have access to the survey that you shared with them, however they do not have a full-featured Qualtrics account so not all survey functionality is available to them. Please view instructions on sharing a survey on the Qualtrics Support site for more details.
The Qualtrics survey tool is entirely web-based and offers features for building surveys, distributing surveys, analyzing and reporting on the survey responses. Some of the key features are:
- Easy to use point and click interface
- Over 100 question types including interactive questions
- Ability to include graphics or embed audio and video clips
- Tools for basic and advanced users and surveys
- Advanced display logic, skip logic, randomization, and branching options
- Survey mailer to track response times down to the millisecond and remind and thank participants
- Ability to create and analyze anonymous surveys
- Built-in dynamic reporting tools
- Ability to export data directly into SPSS, CSV, PDF, Word and PowerPoint
- Collaboration options for working with other Qualtrics users (SLU and non-SLU users)
- Live support available directly from the Qualtrics support team for all SLU faculty, staff and students
- and more...
- Training Videos - Learn Qualtrics in 5 Steps
- Qualtrics FAQs
- Qualtrics University - A to Z of How-to Topics
- Qualtrics Support can be contacted directly at www.qualtrics.com/contact-support, by phone at 800-340-9194, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request SLU ITS support with Qualtrics, please contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000 or visit the IT Service Desk page for a complete listing of service desk locations and hours.
Legacy Survey Tools have been Retired
- ITS has retired the survey tools Snap and EasySurvey as of Sept. 19, 2013.
- ITS recommends that SLU users migrate to the new Qualtrics survey tool. This new tool provides an improved user experience for both the survey creator and respondents.
Updated: 5/24/2017 by MB