ITS supports a variety of administrative systems, including the mySLU portal, Banner Self-Service, and Internet Native Banner. The division also provides administrative services including Microsoft security updates, antivirus protection, and guest account access.
Please select the appropriate link below for more information about the administrative systems and services available to the SLU community.
- mySLU Portal - Provides access to Google Apps, People Finder, Blackboard Learn, Banner Self-Service, student records, employee records and more.
- Banner Self-Service - An individual's window into the data kept in the central campus information system.
- Internet Native Banner - Used by office staff to administer applicant and student records, package and award financial aid, enter, approve and track financial transactions, control the hiring process, run payrolls, track donor giving and potential donors, etc.
- Microsoft Office 2010 - The Office 2010 suite offers enhanced versions of Office applications with intuitive functionality and a more user-friendly design.
- Microsoft Security Updates - Throughout the year, ITS pushes Microsoft security updates to all University PCs.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection - SLU's antivirus software for all Windows-based University-owned computers.
- Guest Account Requests
- Faculty and staff can request a Guest Account access for SLU guests who are affiliated with departments or projects and have legitimate business or academic needs to access restricted resources at SLU.
- Database and Business Intelligence Services - Faculty and staff are requested to use the resources that are provided for databases and reporting.
- Databases: There are environments for Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle. Please review the details for the specifics of each option provided at the link above.
- Reporting: IBM Cognos and WebFocus are the currently supported reporting platforms, though Cognos is the preferred solution as reports are being slowly migrated away from WebFocus.