Google Calendar Labs provide tools for effective time management and optimal event scheduling. One of these tools, Google's Smart Rescheduler, highlights scheduling conflicts, cross-references guest and location availability, and produces a list of alternative days and times that will work for everyone involved. Don't spend hours looking up individual calendars - let Google do the work for you!
First, enable Smart Rescheduler in your Google Calendar:
1. Log in to calendar.slu.edu
2. Click the gear icon in the top right corner of your browser window
3. Select Labs from the drop-down window (If this is your first time viewing Labs, select Mail Settings > Labs.)
A list of available Lab features is displayed!
4. Select "Enable" to the right of Smart Rescheduler, and click the "Save" button.
1. Click on the event you want to reschedule to open it for editing.
2. Click the "Find a new time..." link on the right side of your screen.
A list of available rescheduling options is displayed!
3. Adjust the time range for your search and choose whether or not a new location would be acceptable.
A. Click "Schedule this..." to reschedule the meeting if there is an option without any conflicts.
B. Click "Show details" to view details of any conflicts noted with red or orange text.
A confirmation notice will pop up after you click the "Schedule this..." button.
4. Check-mark Notify guests of this change.
5. Click "Save Changes."
Each guest receives an email notification of the new date and time for the event.
In addition, their personal Google Calendar is automatically updated with the change!