- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Advanced Technology
- Classroom Technology
- Clinical Information Systems
- Departmental Hardware Purchases
- Departmental Software Purchases
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Google Apps
- Google Apps Login
- Google Apps Training and How-to Guides
- Privacy and Policy
- Listserv Technology
- Internet & Network Services
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
- Office 365
- Research Technology Group
Google Apps - Chat
Google Apps offers a chat feature. These chat and video features are available by clicking on Google Hangouts from the mySLU Tools tab. To get the most out of Google Apps, make sure you're opening your account (email, calendar, drive, etc.) in a Google Chrome browser window.
To add contacts, type an individual's username into the "Search" field inside the chat box and select Invite to Chat. If a contact is online and available, a green dot or icon will display by their name.
Video chatting is available to anyone with a webcam. For more information about using Google Video Chat, visit the Google Chat support site at google.com/support/chat.
For more information on Google Hangouts, visit google.com/support/hangouts.