- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Advanced Technology
- Classroom Technology
- Clinical Information Systems
- Departmental Hardware Purchases
- Departmental Software Purchases
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Internet & Network Services
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
- Instructional Media Center
- Automated Test Grading
- Mat Cutting
- Dry Mounting
- Video Editing
- Audio Duplication and Editing
- Instructional Media Collection
- Classroom Video for Blackboard
- Video Conferencing
- Open Computer Labs
- Classroom Computer Labs
- Software Installation Requests
- Office 365
- Research Technology Group
Instructional Media Center
The Instructional Media Center (IMC) provides a number of self-service multimedia resources for faculty, staff and students. Computer workstations have specialized tools for creating presentations and educational materials including video and audio editing. There are finishing tools and supplies available for laminating as well as dry mounting. A Scantron automated grading system is also available for grading standardized test forms.
Some of the things you can do in the IMC:
- Scan slides, images and documents - With the use of our film or flatbed scanners, you can create digital versions of your slides, photos or other documents. We also have a machine that will scan your print document and email you a .pdf version of it. Lastly, We have Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software in the lab. With this, you can scan printed documents and convert them to editable Microsoft Word files.
- Record and edit video and audio - Faculty and staff can check out cameras or audio recorders to use. (Students need faculty approval to check out equipment). In addition, anyone can reserve our studio or control room for recording purposes. Files can then be edited on lab computers using Adobe Premiere Pro for video and Adobe Audition for audio. For more information, click the link that interests you. Video editing / Audio editing
- Transfer VHS or miniDV to DVD - You can take your old VHS tapes of years past and convert them to DVDs. The process is done in real time, so a 2-hour video would take 2 hours to transfer (plus a few extra minutes for finalization).
- Duplicate CDs & DVDs - Self-service CD and DVD duplication is available in the lab. It's a simple to use free standing device that does not require any special computer knowledge.
- Grade tests with OpScan - Learn more of our automated grading system by clicking here.
- Design and print fliers, brochures and posters - Each workstation is loaded with the Adobe Creative Suite as well as Microsoft Office, so you can create anything from simple fliers for an event, to PowerPoint presentations to complete conference posters. For more information on poster printing in the IMC, click here.
- Mount photographs and posters - Dry mount your photographs, posters and prints to heavy mat board or foam core. In addition to dry mounting, we also have a window mat cutter available. For information on each, click the appropriate link. Dry mount / Mat cutting
- Laminate signs, photos, etc... - Protect paper materials such as outdoor signage or items you use often and want to preserve with lamination. Find out more by clicking here.
For more information on these services, please call 314-977-2919 or contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000. Visit the IT Service Desk page for a complete listing of service desk locations and contact information.
|IMC Semester Schedule|
Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Hours resume September 16, 2017
The Instructional Media Center is located in the lower level of Xavier Hall Annex
Contact the IMC by phone at 314-977-2919.
Updated: 7/27/2017 DJS