We are now located in the
Academic Technology Commons
on the first floor of Pius XII Memorial Library
The Academic Technology Commons (ATC) provides a number of self-service multimedia resources for faculty, staff and students. Computer workstations have specialized tools for creating presentations and educational materials including video and audio editing. There are finishing tools and supplies available for laminating as well as dry mounting. A Scantron automated grading system is also available for grading standardized test forms.
Some of the things you can do in the IMC:
- Scan slides, images and documents - With the use of our film or flatbed scanners, you can create digital versions of your slides, photos or other documents. We also have a machine that will scan your print document and email you a .pdf version of it. Lastly, We have Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software in the lab. With this, you can scan printed documents and convert them to editable Microsoft Word files.
- Record and edit video and audio - Faculty and staff can check out cameras or audio recorders to use. (Students need faculty approval to check out equipment). In addition, anyone can reserve our studio or control room for recording purposes. Files can then be edited on lab computers using Adobe Premiere Pro for video and Adobe Audition for audio. For more information, click the link that interests you. Video editing / Audio editing
- Transfer VHS or miniDV to DVD - You can take your old VHS tapes of years past and convert them to DVDs. The process is done in real time, so a 2-hour video would take 2 hours to transfer (plus a few extra minutes for finalization).
- Duplicate CDs & DVDs - Self-service CD and DVD duplication is available in the lab. It's a simple to use free standing device that does not require any special computer knowledge.
- Grade tests with OpScan - Learn more of our automated grading system by clicking here.
- Design and print fliers, brochures and posters - Each workstation is loaded with the Adobe Creative Suite as well as Microsoft Office, so you can create anything from simple fliers for an event, to PowerPoint presentations to complete conference posters. For more information on poster printing in the IMC, click here.
- Mount photographs and posters - Dry mount your photographs, posters and prints to heavy mat board or foam core. In addition to dry mounting, we also have a window mat cutter available. For information on each, click the appropriate link. Dry mount / Mat cutting
- Laminate signs, photos, etc... - Protect paper materials such as outdoor signage or items you use often and want to preserve with lamination. Find out more by clicking here.
For more information on these services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Regular Semester Hours
Monday - Thursday - 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday - 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
We are located on the first floor of Pius XiI Memorial Library
in the Print Workshop area.
Contact us at email@example.com
Updated: 4/2/2018 DJS