Staff Job Composite
Job Summary: Under general supervision, performs administrative duties which
include maintaining department accounts, compiling information and analyzing data, and
preparing reports; coordinates activities of a department project or program; coordinates
department computing and software resources, including web activities; prepares and
processes correspondence, agendas, general papers, manuscripts, and/or publication
materials; prepares purchasing and timekeeping information.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Prepares and processes confidential correspondence, reports, agendas, and general
papers; composes and types routine correspondence, memos, letters, reports, etc.;
processes exams, forms, schedules, contracts, grants, and general correspondence; prepares
and edits papers, reports, agendas, and/or manuscripts for publication.
- Maintains departmental databases, budgets, cash controls, and accounting and purchasing
records; coordinates billing to departments; maintains accounts receivable database
system; processes and maintains payroll and personnel records for staff and students;
researches, gathers, and analyzes data.
- Regularly coordinates the activities of a department project or program; coordinates
department events; coordinates department computing and software resources, which may
include a web page.
- Arranges conferences and meetings; prepares and assembles materials; makes, confirms,
and processes travel arrangements and expense reports; schedules appointments and arranges
meetings; screens phone calls; maintains schedules and calendars; monitors inventory.
- May supervise clerical/student staff; performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of computing hardware and software resources, including web activity
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Program coordination skills
- Organizational/planning skills
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Ability to compose and edit correspondence
- Ability to prepare reports and publications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to type and operate personal computer, various software programs, and modern
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and experience equivalent to:
High school diploma or equivalent; supplemented with related coursework, and one (1)
year of related work experience.