Staff Job Composite
Insurance Verification Representative
Job Summary: Under general direction, coordinates all financial
aspects of patient visits and admissions, including insurance verification,
pre-certification information, follow-up of third-party payment denials, and financial
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Verifies insurance coverage for patient admissions; makes written and/or verbal
inquiries to third party payers to verify insurance status and pre-certification status
and to follow-up payment denials.
- Counsels patients or families regarding payment financial matters before or after
- Performs various clerical tasks to expedite the verification process, including
documentation of guarantor information, patient information and protocols, and medical
- Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Familiarity with contract interpretation
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Accounting skills
- Ability to operate computer and CRT
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and experience equivalent to:
High school diploma or equivalent with additional related course work; supplemented
with two (2) years related experience.