Staff Job Composite
Job Summary: Under immediate supervision, prepares, sets up, and
sterilizes all labware in various research laboratories.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Prepares and sets up labware.
- Handles all aspects of sterilization of labware.
- Processes contaminated vessels for decontamination and sterilization.
- Orders supplies needed for labware and equipment.
- Maintains and cleans routine laboratory equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of proper handling of infected labware
- Ability to perform tasks to which specific procedures apply
Education and experience equivalent to:
High school diploma.