Staff Job Composite
Job Summary: Under administrative direction, plans, directs, develops
policies, and creates quality improvement functions; administratively responsible for
multiple clinical areas and operations.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Assists with developing priorities, goals, and action plans; develops and maintains
scheduling procedures for staffing of nursing care.
- Assists in formulating philosophy and objectives; establishes standards of nursing care
and nursing practice.
- Selects, orients, supervises and evaluates supervisors and clinical nurses; establishes
standards of performance and maintains an evaluation system for clinical personnel;
assists with identifying educational needs for staff and establishes
in-service/development programs; collaborates with professional and technical schools to
enhance clinical education programs.
- Facilitates communication and problem solving for departments; leads or serves on
committees; serves as a liaison between the medical staff and ancillary departments.
- Serves as a resource person; develops, interprets, supports and implements policies and
procedures; responsible for planning, preparation, utilization, evaluation and monitoring
- Ensures departmental activities and records adhere to regulatory requirements; evaluates
the nursing care given and makes recommendations to develop action plans for improvements;
assists with development and implementation of service standards and patient satisfaction.
- Oversees compliance of staff to infection control practices and mandatory education
requirements; performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of health care and medical procedures, including terminology
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Attentiveness to detail
- Supervisory skills
- Accounting and budgeting skills
- Ability to exert average physical effort
Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelors degree, with a masters degree in nursing, health administration, business or
management preferred; supplemented with three (3) years of experience in clinical nursing
and management; Missouri RN licensure required.