Staff Job Composite
Assistant Supervisor (Practice Management Operations)
Job Summary: Under general direction, leads special projects, team
training, and work load distribution; troubleshoots and assists staff with difficult
rejections and payor issues; serves as lead contact in the unit for questions from staff;
performs registration, collections, charge corrections, and payment posting functions as
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Serves as a resource person for staff; provides payor and job specific/system training
for new employees; updates existing staff on payor requirements, billing regulations, and
- Coordinates and completes productivity and conducts quality assurance; reports
statistics, accounts and data relating to special work projects; researches and responds
to customer service problems.
- Troubleshoots and assists staff with difficult rejections and payor issues; assists
staff in appealing rejected invoices with payors; identifies and informs supervisor of
rejection, posting and registration error trends and problems; contacts third party payors
and patients to resolve difficult accounts; performs charge corrections to correct coding
errors and department keying errors.
- Performs registration, payment posting, and collections functions.
- Coordinates workload distribution.
- Leads special projects; performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of billing and insurance coding systems
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to instruct/teach
- Ability to operate personal computer and various software applications
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in the workplace
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and experience equivalent to:
Related coursework or specialized training beyond high school; supplemented with three (3) years of related experience.