Staff Job Composite
Cashier Services Representative (Bursar)
Job Summary: Under general supervision, serves as depository for related
accounts receivable payment processing and accounting issues; processes cash disbursements
with commitment responsibility; performs financial data entry; receives, processes, and
accounts for student payments and University departments deposits for two campuses;
records bank receipts, posting revenue, expense reductions, and payments on miscellaneous
receivables to department accounts using Financial Records System (FRS); posts tuition
payments and deposits to Student Accounts on Student Information System (SIS); performs
daily reconciliation of receipts, disbursements, and currency.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Collects, processes, and records student loan payments; collects and reviews housing
contracts; collects and processes University departments deposits; processes cash
disbursements and postage stamp requests; performs related commitment functions; cashes
personal and College Work Study checks; provides change-making services.
- Reconciles and balances cash drawers; verifies financial records for SIS and FRS;
verifies cash on hand.
- Enters daily department deposits for two campuses into the FRS System; reviews
diagnostics of FRS postings; researches and corrects rejected or suspended items;
maintains and updates records and logs pertaining to FRS "Deposit of Funds"
forms and SIS receipts; provides information to departments regarding deposits and copies
- Records credit card tuition payments and express tuition payments in the BRS System;
reconciles BRS, FRS, and bank transmittals.
- Prepares daily bank deposits; reconciles daily transactions to ensure FRS "Deposit
of Funds" forms equal checks and cash deposits; completes check requests and receipts
to reconcile daily deposits.
- Performs a daily audit of the vault; counts cash, paid-outs, and postage stamps to
verify correct balance; performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of accounts principles
- Ability to operate adding machines, receipt machines, and check endorsers
- Ability to conduct money transactions
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to concentrate and to attend to details
- General mathematic skills
Education and experience equivalent to:
High school diploma; supplemented with one (1) year of related experience.