Staff Job Composite
Job Summary: Under general direction, performs duties associated with
coordinating and implementing community research studies and projects.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Responsible for completion and submission of Institutional Review Board (IRB)/Regulatory documents for clinical trials research, which includes all aspects of IRB submission, approval, revision and annual reporting; maintains regulatory documents and compliance with regulations and protocols.
- Acts as liaison with clinical trial sponsors and principal investigators.
- Serves as liaison between the University, local and state government agencies, and other
participating agencies; provides consulting assistance to various organizations; organizes
media events including press conferences.
- Collects, enters, analyzes, and presents data; completes assigned reports as required by
government or agency officials; attends training and in-service sessions.
- Contributes to the design and creation of communications and public relations tools;
coordinates meetings among community, faculty, research teams, and support staff.
- Assigns and reviews research-related work and tasks given to research assistants and
students; performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of the principles of research design
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Attentiveness to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to operate personal computer and various software packages
Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor's degree, with master's degree preferred; supplemented with two (2) years of related work experience.