Staff Job Composite
Coordinator (Nursing School)
Job Summary: Under general direction, coordinates the daily
grants and contracts and other administrative and fiscal activities in the
School of Nursing; assists with special projects including strategic planning,
the faculty practice plan and new projects; ensures compliance with policies
and procedures; oversees the administrative office; supervises support staff.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Coordinates grant activities including proposal development, budget development
and distribution of funding information; assists directors with meeting
proposal requirements including fiscal accuracy and administrative compliance;
facilitates proposal preparation and submissions; serves as liaison between
investigators and University offices to facilitate timely and proper grant
- Reconciles grant accounts; provides fiscal reports, ensuring compliance
with budget; facilitates submission of annual progress reports and continuation
applications; maintains knowledge of grant sponsor's programs, regulations
and requirements for proposal submissions, and other special reporting requirements.
- Assists with strategic planning, the faculty practice plan, and other
special projects; ensures policy and procedure compliance; monitors salary
- Reconciles accounts; approves purchases and expenditures; assists with
human resources functions; supervises support staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of business, grant processes, budgeting, account and bookkeeping
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Report preparation skills
- Project coordination skills and attention to detail
- Ability to operate personal computer and software programs
- Ability to perform budget reporting
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor's degree; supplemented with two (2) years of related experience.