Staff Job Composite
Job Summary: Under general supervision, reviews, approves, or holds for
disposition, purchase requests received from departments; identifies, analyzes, and
resolves purchasing issues within University departments; responsible for identifying cost
saving opportunities, processing improvements, and negotiating contractual agreements.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Prepares, analyzes, and negotiates Requests for Proposals (RFP) with local suppliers for
efficient delivery of products and services; tracks and develops reports to identify
progress of cost saving initiatives and process efficiencies for the University.
- Reviews and processes purchase requisitions, purchase order adjustments, and
check-enclosed requisitions for University purchases; develops and assists with
implementation of processes for efficiency improvements; provides customer service and
- Analyzes, identifies, and communicates information regarding purchase orders utilizing
out-of-network vendors; identifies, researches, and resolves problems relating to
- Develops departmental communications; maintains and updates departmental website, files,
and databases; contributes to and supports departmental initiatives.
- Verifies and inputs vendor data into system; develops reports to track vendors and
category spending for the University.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of product and service purchasing policies and practices
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Report preparation skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to interact with vendors and provide assistance to various University
- Ability to operate personal computer with various software programs
- Ability to attend to details
Education and experience equivalent to:
Associate's degree; supplemented with three (3) years of related experience.