Staff Job Composite
Job Summary: Under general direction, is responsible for the operations
of post-award grant administration and related accounting duties; serves as the
appropriate principal investigators contact for grants and contract accounting
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Performs grant-related post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis,
periodic invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution changes and associated
communications with customers, reconciliations, and rebudgeting; performs grant closeout
functions required by Grants and Contracts Administration and sponsors including
reconciliations, financial status reports, final invoices, purchase order liquidations,
zeroing out budgets, and final reporting; reviews general ledger transactions to ensure
accuracy and complete journal entries.
- Assists with time and effort reporting system, ensuring it is complete and in compliance
with applicable regulations; maintains regular communications with department;
communicates with fiscal contacts at funding source for problem resolution and information
- Supports the sponsored programs department in education and training of principal
investigators and administrators; assesses needs and resolves issues of the principal
investigator related to grants accounting; performs analysis and support for projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of financial operations, laws, and terminology
- Knowledge of federal and non-federal regulations and operation policies preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of analytical ability
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to design, analyze, and prepare financial reports
- Ability to monitor expenditures and maintain data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation and experience equivalent to:
Bachelors degree in related field; supplemented
with two (2) years of related experience.