Staff Job Composite
Manager (Conflict of Interest and Research Integrity)
Job Summary:Under general direction, manages and develops the financial conflicts of interest in research program for research compliance including education, policy development, and audit activities; ensures the University's compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and University policies and procedures; manages daily activities relating to Conflict of Interest (COI) in research.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Oversees daily activities for financial conflicts of Interest in research; develops and manages infrastructures; ensures University compliance with COI in research federal regulations; serves as official University contact to federal agencies regarding COI in research; drafts and coordinates the establishment of related procedures; develops and conducts education and training sessions; conducts audits.
- Functions as administrative support for Conflict of Interest in Research Committee (COIC), including planning COIC meetings, preparing meeting materials, taking and transcribing meeting minutes, and corresponding with investigators on behalf of the committee.
- Solicits and receives annual and ad hoc financial conflict of interest disclosures; identifies positive disclosures and triages to Conflict of Interest in Research Committee; maintains and manages files of original disclosures; serves as University contact with federal agencies in reporting Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research.
- Collaborates with General Counsel Research Compliance Office in the development and monitoring of Management Plans; maintains files of original Management Plans.
- Acts as liaison with Institutional Review Board (IRB), Office of Research Services (ORS), and investigators and personnel from other SLU entities regarding Conflict of Interest in Research; checks for disclosures and Management Plan applicability at submission stage and verifies at award stage.
- Assists with coordination of program for training in Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) for SLU investigators, staff, students, Postdoctoral Fellows and Associates.; maintains records for compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Knowledge of compliance policies and audits, especially financial conflicts of interest
- Ability to approach problems and decisions analytically
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan work and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain complex records and files
Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor's degree; supplemented with three (3) years of related experience.