Staff Job Composite
Decision Support Analyst, Sr.
Job Summary: Under general direction, works with users and managers to assists in determining their information needs and perform data analysis, develops reports and dashboards, and provide maintenance of existing reports.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Serves as technical team lead using Cognos tools and features; mentors peers and other staff.
- Provides third-tier technical support; provides advice and assistance to business reporting tool users; ensures information security policies are followed.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, and supports University-wide dashboards and executive dashboards using multiple and disparate sources.
- Develops and tests reports.
- Receives report requests and requirements through Remedy system; serves as data analyst; serves as primary customer-facing contact to assigned business units.
- Oversees user data requirements and functional specifications; develops BI front-end applications; provides training on reporting tool, data, or specific report functionally in classroom environment and one-on-one.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of relational databases including Oracle and WebFOCUS
- Strong knowledge of Cognos tool suite
- Knowledge of data architecture principles
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties and assignments
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be open-minded, flexible, and adaptable in a dynamic environment
Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor's degree; supplemented with three (3) years of related experience.