Staff Job Composite
Financial Analyst (Student Development - Shared Services)
Job Summary: Under general direction, designs and prepares analytical information to assess financial performance of division; develops and establishes dashboards, metrics, standardization and benchmarking of processes; prepares routine and ad-hoc financial reports/analyses; monitors financial activity; oversees budget preparation process; assists with development and maintenance of divisional reporting systems.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Performs ongoing analysis and evaluation of the Shared Services center; develops and establishes metrics, standardization and benchmarking of processes and related activities; coordinates with Business and Finance administration to recommend improvements to the shared Service Center operations and identify potential services or processes.
- Develops dashboard metrics to assess the impact and performance of the Shared Service center; develops coordinates and enhances current reporting systems; prepares routine and ad-hoc financial reports and analysis
- Maintains internal controls, policy compliance, and high-levels of customer service; collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to develop initiatives for cost/risk/benefit analyses and, upon approval, assists with implementation.
- Works with various constituents to employ technology solutions that will reduce redundancies, inefficiencies, and manual transactions and that will increase efficiencies and cooperation and customer satisfaction.
- Oversees assigned fiscal planning and management activities and budget preparation, with a focus on cost effectiveness and financial efficiency; may coordinate the activities of other employees within the unit; may supervise clerical and student workers.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of University business policies, practices, and procedures and ability to apply knowledge in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to foster and effective work environment that encourages teamwork and employee growth
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to develop innovative approaches to complex issues
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience implementing and enforcing fiscal, human resources and organizational policies
- Experience in the development of business performance and compliance metrics
- Exceptional customer service orientation in balancing between compliance and customer service
Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor's degree; supplemented with three (3) years related work experience.