Staff Job Composite
Job Summary: Under general supervision, provides general office
assistance; prepares correspondence; greets visitors and provides information;
processes forms and requisitions; maintains database information; organizes
and files information; serves as liaison with service personnel; may oversee
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Provides clerical, secretarial, billing, and general office support for
staff; types various correspondence and reports from rough draft and compiled
data; researches and gathers materials; assembles reports; maintains and
retrieves database information; completes forms and requisitions; maintains
- Coordinates appointments; arranges meetings; assists with special events;
provides information, including policies and procedures; may supervise,
oversee activities, and/or prepare schedules for student staff.
- Greets visitors; responds to inquiries; operates single or multi-line
phones, transfers calls, and relays messages; sorts and distributes mail;
photocopies, collates, and distributes various materials; faxes documents.
- Schedules equipment usage, ensuring office and lab equipment is in working
order; serves as liaison with service personnel; organizes, updates, and
files documentation; orders materials and supplies; may maintain petty cash
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of a variety of office procedures and equipment usage
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to oversee student activities and schedule assignments
- Ability to type and operate personal computer with various software programs
- Ability to perform basic numerical calculations
- Ability to maintain records and filing systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to greet visitors in a courteous manner
Education and experience equivalent to:
High school diploma; supplemented with three (3) months of related work experience.