Staff Job Composite
Student Services Associate
Job Summary: Under general direction, facilitates various services
provided for students in a particular school of the University, which may include
admission, registration, advising, recordkeeping, or graduation; implements appropriate
academic policies and procedures; prepares and maintains databases; prepares reports and publications;
gathers and maintains accurate and confidential records and files; performs word
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Serves as initial contact person regarding student services; implements appropriate
academic policies and procedures; answers questions concerning programs for students;
disseminates information and distributes materials; assists with meeting preparations and recruiting events.
- Informs students of internship requirements and monitors placement; processes registrations, class and schedule
changes, and paperwork related to the human resources functions; composes correspondence; performs
word processing duties; updates various publications, program fliers, and documents.
- Verifies course requirements; may perform limited academic advising; processes petitions for academic program changes; updates
academic records; assists students with class information; distributes orientation
information; receives and tracks various documents.
- Provides administrative support for the school's management; updates database information; provides statistics; prepares and maintains confidential
- Coordinates records between University departments; serves as liaison within the
particular school; assists faculty with student information for records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of admission and academic policies and procedures
- Interpersonal/human relations and customer service skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Report preparation skills
- Ability to maintain database information
- Ability to operate personal computer with various software programs, including a publishing software
- Ability to meet deadlines and give attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and experience equivalent to:
Training beyond high school, with associate's degree preferred; supplemented with two (2) years
of related work experience.