Staff Job Composite
Job Summary: Under general direction, manages and directs nursing care
activities and coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Ensures efficient and coordinated clinic flow by coordinating and planning clinic
activities; communicates patients needs; makes referrals; serves as a resource
person of insurance information.
- Delivers direct patient care; assesses patients physical, psychosocial and/or emotional
needs; provides patient and family teaching; triages patients and informs physician of
patient status; responds to phone messages from patients and informs physicians as needed;
orders supplies; stocks and maintains patients rooms; sterilizes instruments.
- Administers medications as assigned; serves as a resource person for knowledge of
medication uses, side effects, and dosage; checks for proper medication order; documents
medications; obtains required consent forms to administer immunizations; notifies
pharmacies of physician approved prescriptions; reviews drug samples to insure they have
not exceeded the expiration date; labels sample drugs and educates patients of medication
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to instruct/teach/tutor
- Ability to receive telephone inquiries in a tactful, helpful manner
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and unpleasant elements
Education and experience equivalent to:
Graduation from an approved RN program; supplemented with one (1) year related
experience. A Missouri RN License is required.