Staff Job Composite
Social Worker - MSW
Job Summary: Under general direction, provides social work services to
patients, families, and staff; plans, implements, and evaluates delivery of healthcare;
participates in learning and educational programs.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Performs and documents patient assessments, including physical, psychosocial, spiritual
and cultural needs; establishes and coordinates an interdisciplinary plan of care from
patients assessment; identifies patients needs across the health care
- Identifies, initiates and documents individualized social work intervention plans;
provides ongoing collaboration with appropriate health care members for coordination of
patient care plans; evaluates effectiveness of social work plan and modifies that plan as
patients progress toward expected outcomes.
- Participates in committee memberships, staff meetings, and educational programs,
including in-services; may participate in development, implementation and use of
educational material to improve understanding of medical illnesses; may participate in a
health care team for ongoing psychosocial issues including planning or speaking for a
professional seminar or lecture; may be involved with student education as a field
instructor to assists other staff with students or lectures in graduate social work
classes; may attend lectures, seminars or courses to advance professional knowledge; reads
current literature regarding social work issues; obtains and maintains certifications and
licenses necessary for practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and unpleasant elements
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and experience equivalent to:
Graduate from an approved school of social work; supplemented with one (1) year of
previous work related experience in a healthcare environment. State license or ACSW