Staff Job Composite
Education Coordinator (Internal Medicine - Administration)
Job Summary: Under general direction, manages three accredited residency
programs for 85 residents; assists with transmitting residency decisions; travels to
residency fairs locally and surrounding areas; administers surveys and analyzes data;
tracks accreditation issues and coordinates accreditation visits with Accreditation
Council for Graduate Medical Education; administers and supervises department conference
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Assists with screening applications for residency positions; creates and maintains
application databases and files; communicates with applicants by mail and telephone;
organizes interview day including lodging, luncheon, interviews, etc for applicant
candidates; travels to residency fairs locally and surrounding areas to attract medical
students to the residency program.
- Supervises staff; responsible for archiving records; prepares certificates of completion
for graduating residents.
- Solicits input from program director, faculty and chairman; annually prepares and enters
Rank Order Lists (Match Lists) for each of three residency programs.
- Responds to relevant national organizations by collecting, assembling and analyzing data
for surveys; designs and administers surveys relating to post-match issues.
- Oversees the accreditation status of department residency programs; completes program
information forms for Residency Review Committee; tracks accreditation issues and
coordinates accreditation visits with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Assists with residency training verifications of past and present residents; assists
residents with applications for licensure and appropriate visas through close interaction
with Offices of Graduate Medical Education and Office of International Affairs; prepares
residency contract documents; tracks all requests and existing contracts; follows up on
delinquent contracts with the Graduate Medical Education Office.
- Administers and supervises department conference schedule including inviting speakers;
publishes residency schedules; coordinates senior resident conferences; attends monthly
meetings; prepares a summary and distributes it to the residents.
- Administers and supervises housestaff examinations and feed-back sessions; arranges
pair-up between interns and attendings; prepares and publishes Housestaff Manual.
- Responsible for all actions required to bring new residents into the program; organizes
resident orientation; tracks financial issues related to residency including payroll,
management of budgeted expenses, reimbursement of residents for cost of required courses,
books or travel; assists and serves as a counselor to new and current residents for
personal and work-related problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of recruitment/admission policies and procedures
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Supervisory skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to maintain records and files
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelors degree; supplemented with three (3) years experience, which includes
supervisory responsibility, preferably in a residency program.